The representative of Simon Mignolet has confirmed that the Belgian is looking for a fresh challenge away from Liverpool during the ongoing transfer window. The 30-year-old played second fiddle to Loris Karius during the second half of the previous campaign and the big-money signing of Alisson Becker is only expected to hasten his exit.
In an interview with Walfoot, Mignolet’s agent confirmed the keeper is keen on parting ways with the Merseyside outfit and the solution would have been found regardless of Alisson’s arrival this summer, he said: “It doesn’t change the situation [Alisson’s arrival]. Our goal is to find a solution for Simon to play and Alisson’s arrival doesn’t change that.
We know that a player of €60-70million won’t find himself on the bench.We are looking at the situation and looking for a solution to his playing time. There are options, the next few days will be decisive.”
Belgium international Simon Mignolet has said that he is prepared to fight for his Liverpool future. The 30-year-old has been playing second fiddle to Loris Karius for most of the second half of the season, and he is still optimistic of proving himself to manager Jurgen Klopp.
Speaking in a press conference, Mignolet admitted that it is not a good situation to be in ahead of the World, but he is prepared to work hard in training to reclaim the number one role, he said: “Always the only thing you try to do is prove every time in training you are ready for when the chance comes along. It is never easy of course because I have never in my career spent time on the bench, but it is how it is and the only thing you can do is try to change it, but it is never easy. I’ve had a few conversations with the manager already and we have spoken about numerous things. You always have to be ready for when the chance comes along.”
Liverpool secured their fifth win in seven league games this season by beating Crystal Palace 3-1 at Anfield on Saturday afternoon.
The result was enough to see the Reds briefly return to the top of the Premier League, only to be again replaced by Arsenal following their draw at West Bromwich Albion yesterday afternoon.
Liverpool climbed to second place in the Premier League after beating bottom of the table Sunderland 3-1 yesterday afternoon.
Top scorer Daniel Sturridge opened the scoring with his eleventh goal in his last eleven league games, before Luis Suarez doubled the visitor’s advantage on thirty-six minutes.
Liverpool will be hoping to return to winning ways as the travel to struggling Sunderland on Sunday afternoon.
After their unbeaten start to the season came to an end last weekend following their narrow home defeat to Southampton, the Reds crashed out of the League Cup to Manchester United on Wednesday evening.
Liverpool edged past Aston Villa to make it back to back victories in the Premier League, and record their best start to a season in five years.
As against Stoke City last week, Daniel Sturridge was the match winner – his twenty-first minute finish enough to secure to points for Brendan Rodgers though credit must once again go to goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, who kept Villa at bay.
Liverpool have unveiled Aly Cissokho at Anfield after the defender completed his loan move from Valencia.
The Mail Online has reported that the 25 year old is raring to go after signing for, what he described, as a ‘really legendary club.’
Liverpool began their Premier League campaign with a narrow victory over Stoke City at Anfield in Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off.
Daniel Sturridge’s 37th minute strike was enough to secure all three points for Brendan Rodgers men, who secured an opening day home win for the first time in twelve years.
Daniel Sturridge is likely to feature in tomorrow lunchtime’s season opener against Stoke City despite not being 100% fit, while Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger are expected to recover from knee injuries in time to play some part.
New signings Simon Mignolet and Kolo Toure are expected to start while fellow new arrivals Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto are also in the provisional match day squad though Luis Suarez continues his ten match suspension.
Liverpool are set to reject any improved bid from Arsenal for Luis Suarez, after the Metro reported that the Gunners board have given Arsene Wenger the green light to sign the striker.
The North London club appear to be willing to pay £40m for the Uruguay international, though that would still fall short of Brendan Rodgers valuation.